Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 VA Snippets and Refactor reserve strings

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jtwillia Posted - May 19 2008 : 09:18:45 AM
Why do the refactor reserved strings not work in normal snippets?

My suggestion is make them work. For example, if I make a snippet with $SymbolName$, it just prompts me for a parameter. But at the time I invoke my VA Snippet, VAX should be able to figure out what method my cursor is current in and do the proper substitution, and in cases where it cannot then it should prompt.

So my real world example was to create a snippet for inserting:
OnPropertychanged("$SymbolName$");

As far I see, it cannot be done. I did find if I rename my VA Snippet to start with the world Refactor, that when I right click in the snippet editor the Refactor variables are there but they still don't expand.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - May 19 2008 : 11:47:22 AM
As rhummer says we are considering this:

case=3204

Especially for some of the refactoring tokens used by Document Method it is easy to think of situations where they cannot be expanded correctly by VA. So this would need to fail in a graceful manor.
rhummer Posted - May 19 2008 : 10:22:33 AM
IIRC it's on the list of 'to be done.' I'm not sure what the case number is though, Feline will have more info on that.

It has been requested before though. :)

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000