Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 suggestion for wholetomato

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
boris Posted - Jun 15 2008 : 06:41:24 AM
1. I suggest to sort suggestions list, granted be VA, by relevation. Relevation should be calculate as a count of times user select an item from this list. For example: typing "ret" I get a lot of suggestions like "RET_CODE", "RETAING_..." and so on and wanted text "return" - at the end of a list, but I wish to have "return" at the top of a list. If I choose three-four times "return" after typing "ret", it would be a good idea to have "return" at a top of the list, typing it fifth time.
2. I think it's a good idea to give an opportunity to make an exclude list for headers to be parsing. For example: I'd like to exclude "windows.h", "afx.h" and so on from parsing by VA (I'm using QT, and a huge number of constans, defines, functions and so on are unwanted).

P.S. Sorry for my English, I'm a Russian, and if one of you knows my language, please e-mail me.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Sep 13 2008 : 01:20:17 AM
case=17920 is fixed in build 1649
khb Posted - Jun 26 2008 : 07:56:40 AM
Feline, thank you for considering...

Regards
Marcus
feline Posted - Jun 25 2008 : 5:31:03 PM
I have put in a case for keywords in suggestion listboxes:

case=17920

Some of this might be helped by:

case=10535

which has the title "give priority to local symbols in suggestion listboxes"

Paying attention to the case of the typing is:

case=119
Uniwares Posted - Jun 25 2008 : 11:28:34 AM
If VAX would implement ranking based on capital as it was already suggested several times years ago, this would be much easier. Typing "ohg" would yield different results than "OHG".
khb Posted - Jun 23 2008 : 10:28:43 AM
As Boris already mentioned, it applies to nearly all keywords and also to other variables. To link the problem to your example: If you type "ohg" and you have a variable named, e.g., "ohgblftz" then it should get a higher ranking in the suggestion list than, e.g., "OnHorribleGrapeWines". But this is my personal feeling.

Regards
Marcus
feline Posted - Jun 23 2008 : 09:01:53 AM
Case and listboxes, this has come up before. A lot of people want to type in lower case but still see mixed and upper case suggestions listed. A good example from http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/acronym.asp of this is typing "ohg" to get "OnHorzGridLines"

Having said that I have seen several reports of this problem when typing "return". Which keywords are you seeing this problem with?
khb Posted - Jun 22 2008 : 09:50:15 AM
I'm seeing the same problem also quite often. I start typing a lowercase keyword and the first suggestions are some weird uppercase constants. IMHO suggestions should in general consider that I'm typing the case correctly...

Build 1640 (happened also before), VC6.0 + VS2003, Win XP, no other add-ins.

Regards
Marcus
feline Posted - Jun 18 2008 : 3:52:49 PM
Suggestions, if you add a new local variable and then type its name a couple of times is it suggested, and does it quickly become the default suggestion?

I am wondering how wide ranging this problem with suggestions is.

For the windows header files you might find this interesting:

http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5738

I have a copy of the plugin Bugfix wrote, which you may be able to modify to do what you want. Please note that this is *not* officially supported, but it did seem to work well for him.
boris Posted - Jun 18 2008 : 12:57:01 AM
Thank you for answer, Feline, but I see some problems to add hundreds Snippets for "return", "true", "false", "bool", "vector" and so on...
The second: even if I changing "VA Options -> Projects -> C/C++ Directories -> Platform to Custom" (as you wrote), I include <QTCore>, that includes <windows.h> and VA parses it and I still have a lot of "SW_...", "SetWindow..." and so on in my suggestion list :(
Thank you.
feline Posted - Jun 16 2008 : 09:03:28 AM
For "return" you can add a VA Snippet with the shortcut "ret":

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/vasnippets.asp

Suggestions are supposed to get better the more you type, but they are not guaranteed.

For the header files, try changing:

VA Options -> Projects -> C/C++ Directories -> Platform

to "Custom" and removing the directories you do not want VA checking. This should help:

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/directories.asp

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000