Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 C++: Status icon in system tray

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Frunobulax Posted - Jun 24 2008 : 06:30:20 AM
Hi,

this is somewhat different from the usual VAX focus, but I would guess it is not that difficult once you are hooked into the VS IDE:

I would really like to have a small symbol in the system tray that tells me whether a build is in progress or not, and possibly gives a progress indication (based on the number of files already compiled and still in the queue). The reason behind this is that our builds sometime take a lot of time, so I often have to do something different while waiting for the result of a build (like writing this post). However, often I want to return to the build as soon as it is finished. Right now the only way is to check (often) whether it is finished or not.

Some time ago I used Incredibuild which has these features, but since it caused more problems than it gave benefits I got rid of it again.

Best regards, tv
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
AGPX Posted - Jun 30 2008 : 08:13:47 AM
I think a simple version of that features are included in Visual Studio Enhancemenet Pack.It's free to download.

It has a build toaster that notifies user when a build is started and ended.

And if you ask my opinion , it's just out of VAX scope.VAX's job is not watching compiler status.
Frunobulax Posted - Jun 25 2008 : 08:51:21 AM
Thanks for the tip - this is indeed almost what I want.
The only unnerving thing is that it reports "build finished" every time I start debugging the program with F5 - the system checks if the solution is up-to-date. But that's none of your concerns I guess :-)

Regards, tv
feline Posted - Jun 24 2008 : 10:17:47 AM
This reminds me of this recent thread:

http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7908&SearchTerms=toaster

Apparently the power toy event toaster allows you to do this.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000