Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Forum to exchange VA snippets

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uniwares Posted - Jun 25 2008 : 12:10:55 PM
Would be nice to have a forum where we could exchange useful (and of course useless) VA snippets.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Uniwares Posted - Jul 06 2008 : 08:30:01 AM
Yes, I think that multiple versions of the same snippet are an option.
What I was thinking about was something like "if the user provided a value for $parameterX$ then ..." so you can include/exclude parts of the snippet depending on user input.
But yes, its a long way, and probably the best way to implement this in the end is dynamic C#/VB.NET and a bit of reflection
feline Posted - Jul 05 2008 : 11:40:23 AM
I am very wary of trying to turn snippets into some form of programming language. Can you post an example showing what you are trying to do here?

Is having two forms of the same snippet an option, so you just pick the form that does what you want? I know this requires duplicating the snippet, and keeping the two forms in sync, but it is available now
Uniwares Posted - Jun 27 2008 : 11:25:44 AM
Ok, lets share the wealth then. Might take some time to get people started in creating their own snippets though.
Btw: I had one requirement that would be nice in snippets: conditionals, like $if$param1$ $else$ $endif$ to create snippets with parameters and depending on their value include/exclude parts of the snippet.
feline Posted - Jun 27 2008 : 11:07:50 AM
http://www.wholetomato.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=35

It will be nice to see this actually get some use
Uniwares Posted - Jun 25 2008 : 6:12:03 PM
Even nicer would be a wiki ala pinvoke.net (with va integration of cource), but hey, a forum is already a good start and definitely less work
feline Posted - Jun 25 2008 : 5:40:16 PM
I have raised this idea myself more than once. I have also asked if anyone was interested in using it, but never saw much interest on the forum.

If you think you would use this I am happy to make a forum area and see what happens

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000