Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Minor alt-o improvement

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pjohnmeyer Posted - Jun 26 2008 : 3:54:18 PM
In the case in which alt-o causes a list of files to pop up, it would be a significant improvement if hitting 'o' again (while alt is still held down) would go to the next item in the list for me, so that I wouldn't have to move to the mouse or the arrow keys.

It would be even BETTER if releasing the alt key made the selection, so that I did not have to hit the enter key to pick a file.

In case any of that was unclear:

Keystrokes:

alt + O  List comes up, Alt key remains down
O        Selection moves down, wrapping to top, Alt key remains down
ALT      Alt key is released, window switches to selected item.

Thanks for your time,
pj
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tom_seddon Posted - Jul 03 2008 : 10:25:48 AM
+1 for this idea too. I like the sound of the whole thing, yes, Alt+G included, and I have been using Visual Assist for many years.

Whilst on the subject, another as-yet-unimplemented request from the "move your hands less" department:

http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5073

:)
accord Posted - Jul 03 2008 : 06:23:51 AM
I have put a note on the case about this.
pjohnmeyer Posted - Jul 02 2008 : 10:01:51 AM
Just to update, there are other keyboard commands that could benefit from this same feature, like Alt-G.
pjohnmeyer Posted - Jul 01 2008 : 09:16:23 AM
Seems reasonable; one is a breaking change while the other is not. Although I'm a current user, and I certainly wouldn't be annoyed. :D
accord Posted - Jun 29 2008 : 6:14:08 PM
I like the first part of the idea, so I have put in a feature request to see what our developers make of it:

case=18061

The second part of the idea also makes sense, but changing the current functionality would annoy current users, and a functionality like this (accepting without enter) is very uncommon when using standard menus.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000