Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 .Net requests

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sosedada Posted - Aug 05 2008 : 12:44:42 PM
Most of my .NET coding thus far has been in C#, and I'm now doing a fair bit of C++/cli coding. If VA had a replace . with :: feature, I might cry and all the recompiles I would be saved. Basically should work just like replace . with -> except operate on namespaces and typenames.

Another thing I would love is a keyboard shortcut to transform a .cs file to look like its metadata - ie just the public interface. Similar to looking at a C++ header. I don't want any code folding or regions, just a simple display of the functions/properties. I guess something similar to VA Outline, but in the text editor.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Dec 01 2008 : 07:33:12 AM
case=13240 is implemented in build 1707
feline Posted - Aug 06 2008 : 10:05:40 AM
We are looking to make a change to VA Outline to remove the class name from functions when they are a child of a parent node which gives the class name, which should help it to take up less space:

case=13240
sosedada Posted - Aug 05 2008 : 3:43:59 PM
I'll keep a look out for 12602, thanks.

So, I've been trying to work with VA Outline today. Its pretty nice. Real estate is the main reason why I would prefer something similar to my suggestion.

I like to avoid the mouse as much as possible. I added a keyboard shortcut to show the Outline, so that's ok, but now I've only got a third of the horizontal space of the text view. So I have to hope that I'm not here to look at the list of parameters. Even worse for C++ where each line for a function name in c++ is prepended with a ClassName:: stealing horizontal space.

I don't know for sure how I would even like it to work (public only, public and private, comments, etc), I just know when I hit my Go To Implementation key and its a .Net class I don't have source for and VS generates the metadata version, I am pleased with the clarity.
accord Posted - Aug 05 2008 : 3:29:06 PM
We are considering to implement a . to :: conversion at some point:

case=12602

About converting cs to a header-like file: this is the main purpose of VA Outline, so I don't understand why do you want to do something like this conversion

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000