Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Prefer project files for suggestions

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
delepster Posted - Aug 06 2008 : 09:01:07 AM
I am not sure if this is already available, but it would be very useful to prefer project files over additional includes (e.g. Windows Platform SDK files) when it comes to Visual Assist to make suggestions.

For example, if a CString class is defined both in the project and in the SDK, Visual Assist makes suggestions according to the SDK file instead of the project's
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
delepster Posted - Aug 08 2008 : 10:46:25 AM
Thanks for your reply. I will work on finding a specific pattern for this issue.
accord Posted - Aug 07 2008 : 2:57:39 PM
Point 1: Do you see a patten about how to break this? So can you reproduce this effect? Members from both classes should be displayed every time.

Point 2: For me it is working, I tested with this code:

namespace Apple {
	class testclass {
		int qqq;
	};
}

namespace Banana {
	class testclass {
		int www;
	};
}

void TestFunc()
{
	Apple::testclass a;
	Banana::testclass b;
	a.qqq;
	b.www;
}

I see qqq in the listbox after a.| and www after b.|
delepster Posted - Aug 07 2008 : 08:41:05 AM
1) I _usually_ see the members from both classes. Sometimes I only see the suggestions from the SDK's. Sometimes hitting ctrl+space results in the list box to show the project's members/methods (you gotta hate those _sometimes_ use cases)

2) I can further refine my suggestion by stating that if the list box could take the namespace into account, that would be great. That would reflect how C++ usually resolves class name clashes
accord Posted - Aug 06 2008 : 1:56:47 PM
If two different classes with the same name are parsed by Visual Assist, it will list the members from both classes.
Do you see the members defined in the SDK and in your project in the same listbox?

So your suggestion is to prefer members defined in your project, or you don't see members from your project's CString at all?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000