Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Feature Voting

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uniwares Posted - Aug 08 2008 : 10:47:07 AM
Why not allow forum users to vote for suggested features? See what users like or not and let them decide whats of importance for them?
Like here: http://www.vim.org/sponsor/vote_results.php
or here: http://www.4t-niagara.com/tray_next.html

( everybody wanting to vote for features, just post a "me too" here, hehehehe )
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Krakken Posted - Aug 10 2008 : 11:56:44 PM
My hosting company has a clever system. Basically:

- All paying members are given say 30 points.
- Suggestions are ranked on a difficulty from 1-10.
- The cost to vote for each suggestion is the same as the difficulty ranking.
- Once points are allocated, they cannot be used again until the task is completed and the points are free or the member moves their points to another suggestion.

This ensures paying members have to choose wisely what they spend their points on. It can be easily maintained with "approved" suggestions from a moderator of some sort who also determines their difficulty ranking.
Uniwares Posted - Aug 08 2008 : 3:39:42 PM
Now thats a mean question. But I guess I would place the member list improvements on top because its still lacking usability.
holedigger Posted - Aug 08 2008 : 3:20:16 PM
Uniwares, what feature would be at the top of your list?
Uniwares Posted - Aug 08 2008 : 1:56:51 PM
I am sure that WT is listening very well to its customers. Even if it often seem like adding features nobody is going to use, but in the end i guess that personally I am using now about 80+% of the features. And we all know here that most often something that looks really simple, is the hardest to implement.
feline Posted - Aug 08 2008 : 12:48:57 PM
Looking at the VIM voting I am amused, and horrified by "fix all problems, big and small; make Vim more robust"

I wonder if the people voting for that have any idea what that actually means.

The idea of voting for features has come up before. It is an interesting idea. One simple practical problem is that we currently have 350 outstanding feature requests in our system. So that is all the feature requests that I have been talked into adding. It would be a rather ungainly voting form

I also have a good idea what one of the most popular features will be - some form of code formatting. I would vote for it myself even though I also appreciate how complex this issue is.

We do try to listen to the forum, and to email, to work out which features users are most interested in, and within reason we try to do those features first. Its not really the same as voting, but the idea is there

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000