Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Export HTML Code Suggestion

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
blizzaaard Posted - Sep 14 2008 : 1:43:24 PM
I usually want to paste my code on my blog. I hope VA can export the HTML code of my program which can be more convenient for me, because I don't like to use the tools, such as Syntax Highlighterhttp://code.google.com/p/syntaxhighlighter/
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Sep 17 2008 : 6:48:40 PM
Yes, you can ask VA to apply its syntax highlighting to the copied code if you are using VC6, but this does not currently work in the newer IDE's. They are placing HTML into the clipboard, which is a lot more work to parse and modify than plain text.

We are considering doing this, but it is not a high priority feature request:

case=170
blizzaaard Posted - Sep 17 2008 : 04:04:31 AM
I've tried pasting the code into Word, but it only preserved the format of VS2008 not that of VA. All of the functions' name are black.
feline Posted - Sep 16 2008 : 07:53:53 AM
VC6 and VS2005 use different systems for copying the code to the clipboard. Apparently VS2005 already copies HTML to the clipboard.

Have you tried pasting the code into Word, or some other word processor, so the colouring is preserved, and then exporting this as HTML?

One concern here is that as soon as we try editing the code to insert tags for posting the code online people are going to ask for forum tags rather than HTML tags. A lot of forum systems do not allow you to post HTML, instead you have to use the forum specific tags instead.
blizzaaard Posted - Sep 16 2008 : 02:48:36 AM
It has nothing to do with the IDE and programming language I am using.
What I mean is not all the editor can understand this coloured content as you said, such as the editor in blog. So can you add some HTML codes into the content, which can let the explorer understand the coloured content?
feline Posted - Sep 15 2008 : 4:53:15 PM
Which IDE are you using?
Which programming language are you working in?

If you copy code from the IDE it has syntax colouring in the clipboard. You need to use an editor that understands this coloured clipboard content.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000