Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Redefine/Reassign keyboard shortcuts

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rwomack Posted - Sep 30 2008 : 2:47:59 PM
Hi

Are there any plans to allow users to be able redefine keyboard shortcuts, I have just moved to working in a VM using VM Fusion on a Mac and the only issue I have is that <ctrl shift O> for opening files within a project fails to respond, after a long number of years using VA I really miss the shortcut and am constantly trying it out of habit, if I could reassign it to some other key sequence it would be great.

Thanks

Roger
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Oct 01 2008 : 06:02:40 AM
Most of the commands in that list have nothing to do with VA. Only the commands starting with VAssistX are from VA, the rest are from the IDE its self.

In VS2005 you can type to filter the list, so you can quickly find the command you want, so long as you have some idea of what it is called
rwomack Posted - Sep 30 2008 : 3:06:07 PM
Thank you very much for such a speedy response, that list of commands is horrendous, but I suppose that is unavoidable as the feature set grows.
feline Posted - Sep 30 2008 : 2:51:23 PM
The IDE already allows you to do this. Look at Tools menu -> Options or Tools menu -> Customize, depending on your IDE.

Look for the command:

VAssistX.OpenFileInSolutionDialog

and assign your chosen keyboard shortcut.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000