Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Insert VA snippet to remember the last snippet

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
av0tar15 Posted - Oct 07 2008 : 11:34:07 AM
It would be great if "Insert VA snippet" list would select item I've last used as current. At present it always selects the first one.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Oct 27 2008 : 10:13:53 AM
I do like this idea, I just wonder if it will get in the way or not. So I have put in a feature request to see what our developers make of it:

case=20597
av0tar15 Posted - Oct 24 2008 : 12:55:43 PM
Yes I'm using the re-ordering and I agree its a greate feature. My idea about last used snippet comes from MSVS Intellisense for C# which does remember property or method you've last used. I've just double-checked, MSVS 2008 doesn't do this for C++ so you guys can make some C++ developer lifes better by adding this feature.
feline Posted - Oct 09 2008 : 07:01:51 AM
You can re-order the items in the menu. Simply go into VA's snippet editor and then drag and drop the items in the tree. The order in the tree is used to set the order in the menu that appears when you trigger the insert VA snippet command.

This is not the same as what you are asking for, but it does help if there are certain snippets you use all the time.

Selecting the previously used snippet by default is an interesting idea. I am just wondering how helpful this would be. I use the Insert VA Snippet a lot, but I am always selecting a different snippet, and I am used to moving down the list to select the one I want. By selecting the last one by default I would have to move up the list sometimes, and down other times.
av0tar15 Posted - Oct 08 2008 : 7:14:53 PM
Not really. The menu item in VAssistX main menu is called "Insert VA Snippet". Same action can be triggered if I select some text and press Ctrl+Space hotkey
accord Posted - Oct 08 2008 : 2:24:33 PM
Are you talking about snippets in the suggestion listboxes? (They are appearing when you start to type in the editor.)

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000