Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 VA Outline doesn't navigate to implementation

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
av0tar15 Posted - Oct 08 2008 : 11:54:19 AM
VA Outline always navigates inside current file, whether it is .cpp file or header file with just header of the function (method). We could use more control over this process, by the use of right-click menu item, for example.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
accord Posted - Oct 10 2008 : 03:19:19 AM
It makes sense, but I wanted to list current possibilities first.

I have put in a feature request to be able to use a goto like alt+g from VA Outline to see what our developers make of it:

case=20237
av0tar15 Posted - Oct 08 2008 : 7:51:41 PM
And BTW double-click on VA outline positions cursor on the first symbol of the line. In case of class method my code looks like this

class A
{
void method1();
}

Note the indentation befor void. I have to move cursor to method1 for Alt+G to work which doesn't feel too ergonomic.
av0tar15 Posted - Oct 08 2008 : 7:11:07 PM
Yes, this makes it click+shortcut key action. Why not support Alt+G in VA Outline itself to actually go to implementation as an alternative to default Goto?
accord Posted - Oct 08 2008 : 2:10:37 PM
Yes, VA Outline was designed to navigate in current file.
But after you jumped to a location, you can use Alt+G over the method name and VAX will jump to the method in the corresponding (cpp/h) file.
Also you can use Alt+O to switch between source and header files before you start to browse the file, so you will see the list which you need.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000