Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Visual Assist X\\tweaks.txt

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
znakeeye Posted - Dec 07 2008 : 08:31:43 AM
Are all registry hacks documented somewhere? Perhaps there should be a tweaks.txt in the installation folder, that tells advanced users how to tweak VAX?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Dec 18 2008 : 12:25:55 PM
Krakken what is the fundamental difference between changing a registry setting and changing a line in an ini file?

The registry settings are not listed in the options dialog for a reason, either because the option can have unwanted side effects, or because we don't feel there is sufficient need to put it into the options dialog.

znakeeye the registry tweaks are documented in the FAQ section of this forum. If there is an omission in the documentation then please let me know and I will try to correct it.
znakeeye Posted - Dec 16 2008 : 1:58:24 PM
Personally I don't see a problem with the registry usage, but it's a shame the tweaks are not documented.
Krakken Posted - Dec 16 2008 : 04:08:39 AM
No, I'm afraid I agree with znakeeye. It's annoying messing with registry settings. I would much rather a tweaks.ini file or similar.
accord Posted - Dec 08 2008 : 2:14:38 PM
We have a lot of information on the web: the whole documentation as well as other FAQ entries on several subjects. I like this approach. Should we make an exception for registry settings? I think that most Visual Assist users will never use those reg. settings, because really important things are in the options dialog.
znakeeye Posted - Dec 08 2008 : 03:55:31 AM
My point is:

One should not have to rely on the web when tweaking VAX.
accord Posted - Dec 07 2008 : 11:25:57 AM
Registry settings are documented here:

http://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W254

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000