Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 VA Snippets Improofments

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lehner Franz Posted - Dec 16 2008 : 3:53:05 PM
First: Visual Assist is the coolest thing we ever found. We immediatly bought some licenses for our firm

But when working, i personally miss some things:

1: We have Multiple Trace Macros for our SW , looks like EE(("")); (ET, EM ... and so - depending on trace level)

So i definied some Macros with EE(("")); and so, but everytime when i press "enter" i am behind the last char ;
It would be VERY nice, if it would be possible to give a curser position to the Snipped so that i appear between the "" ?

2: think you write printf(
in this case, it will be compleated with )
but when i type " it does not compleate

So would it be possible for Special commands like printf and others, when you write them, that after you wrote them, the "" also work or simple appear initial too ?

and that when you write the text then there, and you type %s, that automatically a "," is added ?
Maybe this is not nice when typing (have no user experience with this) but i think this would be really cool
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Dec 19 2008 : 11:02:28 AM
To highlight the current word without moving the caret you can bind a keyboard shortcut to the command:

VAssistX.FindSelected

I have assigned Alt+K personally.
accord Posted - Dec 18 2008 : 7:19:19 PM
You can find next word also in Visual Studio: if you press Ctrl+F3, it will select the word then jump to the next occurrence.

Visual Assist will highlight this (the searched) word everywhere if you have

VA Options -> Advanced -> Display -> Highlight find results

turned on and you use VAX 17xx.
Lehner Franz Posted - Dec 18 2008 : 2:06:33 PM
hi - thx for the $end$ hint, i immediate started to integrate this to my VA Snippets.

One/Two other things:
In past i used Ultraedit and there is a feature there, what i really miss in VS

If you doubleclick a word (eg."test" inside int test; )
(VS is precise there)
then it was/is possible to immediate do "F3" for jumping to the next word.

This would be very cool

and when i combine this with Notepadd++ hightlight feature "hightlight identical" so that after a word gets doubleclicked (and cursor does not get moved out of the selected words - eg. scrolling, F3) that these words get highlighted like seen on post

http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8312
rhummer Posted - Dec 18 2008 : 12:45:26 PM
feline I think he is wanting to VA to add a ',' after the closing " for each special format in the string. So for example I write something like
printf( "%s - %i (%s)" )
VA will auto insert ',' so it looks like
printf( "%s - %i (%s)", , , )
feline Posted - Dec 18 2008 : 12:35:01 PM
Why would you want a comma added after typing %s ? Often I use %s with other words around it, or things other than a comma.
sean Posted - Dec 16 2008 : 8:39:41 PM
Thanks for the kind words.

1. With VA Snippets, you can use $end$ to specify where the caret should be left after insertion.
http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/vasnippets.asp#reserved

2. This was fixed in our 10.5 release candidate build 1711. (case=21467)

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000