Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Home/End/... keys

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pk_asw Posted - Jan 19 2009 : 3:42:53 PM
Hello,
when I insert some text to the edit box, VA shows me some search results, but now I'm not able to use Home/Right/Shift+Home/... keys to simple modify the inserted text (e.g. Shift+Home/Del to delete whole text and start again).

Thanks.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Mar 30 2009 : 09:19:42 AM
case=470 is fixed in build 1721
accord Posted - Jan 23 2009 : 3:54:53 PM
Oops, I did not refresh the page before posted
accord Posted - Jan 23 2009 : 3:45:48 PM
I have put in a feature request for this:

case=23198

Yes, we talked about this before, but at that time I wasn't able to make up my mind about this.
Although it's easy: matches from the beginning of a whole word should have higher priority than others.
feline Posted - Jan 23 2009 : 2:11:19 PM
pk_asw Home and End change the current item in the list of methods. We are considering providing key bindings to move the caret to the start or end of the list:

case=470

If you simply want to clear the list and start over with a different filter I personally find Escape followed by Alt-M works well
feline Posted - Jan 23 2009 : 2:09:39 PM
For me the default selected item is the first one in the list.

Personally I would definitely question that the second line is the better match in your example. Normally when using the alt-m list, and I use it a lot, I am typing in part of a function name, often a middle part, and VA us most unlikely to be able to second guess which one is the "best" one.

This is where the option to list the items in alphabetic order or the order they appear in comes in useful.
znakeeye Posted - Jan 22 2009 : 03:09:23 AM
Regarding that dropdown...

In VAX 1649 (I've pointed this out before), when you type "bar":
MyClass::alphabar() <-- selected
MyClass::bar()

Sure you can type ".bar" or "::bar", but I believe you should select "bar()" when the match is obviously better.
accord Posted - Jan 19 2009 : 6:14:26 PM
You can use left - right and ctrl+left - ctrl+right.

So if you want to delete "insert" just press ctrl+left then ctrl+delete.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000