Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Alt+O improvement

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
znakeeye Posted - Jan 21 2009 : 05:12:03 AM
I create a "myfile.h", edit it, and then press Alt+O. "myfile.cpp" does not exist, and nothing happens.

It would be great if VAX could automatically create the file and add it to the solution, preferably asking the user first.

The same should be true for cpp-files without a header.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jan 27 2009 : 09:15:19 AM
A partial answer, I am so used to pressing alt-o that I often press it, only to discover / remember that there is no matching file. This often happens when moving from C++ to VB or C#, or into stand alone header files.

Putting that to one side, adding files to the solution is a regular request, but how is VA supposed to work out where to put the new files? Different people use different methods of laying out their files.
znakeeye Posted - Jan 26 2009 : 3:05:38 PM
I see your points. However, if the user presses Alt+O he clearly wants to see the corresponding file. If there is no file, why not ask to create it?

Filename: [EDIT SolutionName\\ProjectName\\filename.h ]

Just an idea.
feline Posted - Jan 23 2009 : 2:19:21 PM
This would need to be a separate command, so the solution does not fill up with unwanted files. Some files have no matching file deliberately.

The big question here is where does the new file go? It is fairly common to place header files in a different directory to the cpp files.

This is before I start asking questions about multiple projects in a solution, or folders / directories in solution explorer...

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000