Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 show implementors of pure virtual function

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
yaro Posted - Jan 27 2009 : 2:22:37 PM
Hello

In more complex class design it is quite common to have lots of pure virtual functions here and there, and you need to quickly navigate between their implementors.

Currently we only have navigation with alt+G between function declaration and implementation. I think that alt+G should show up known implementors of a pure virtual function. That information should be available from parser, since when I rename pure virtual function it also renames it in subclases.

Another feature request is to allow rename of pure virtual functions if one starts renaming it in subclass, and not the top class. Currently all functions will only be renamed if we rename it from the top class.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Jan 31 2010 : 1:14:34 PM
case=3346 is implemented in build 1810
sean Posted - Jan 28 2009 : 9:54:03 PM
It's unlikely that we would implement Alt+G to support that. For now, Find References is the tool to use. Currently, Find References will descend into implementers but it will not ascend into base classes; so you need to run Find Refs at the top-most declaration (same behavior you noted for Rename). case=3346 is being considered to change that behavior.
yaro Posted - Jan 28 2009 : 5:40:06 PM
Do you think it is feasible to support these features?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000