Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 #include forward/back slash

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
diarrhio Posted - Mar 02 2009 : 4:04:09 PM
Is it possible to add an option for the slash that gets automatically inserted for you when you are #including to use forward slashes? Our application is x-platform and Linux doesn't like the back-slashes. It is a pain to go back and correct the slashes every time. Not a big deal, but just one of the many little things that end up slowing you down.

Thanks,
Dario
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Mar 30 2009 : 08:39:35 AM
case=23341 is implemented in build 1721
feline Posted - Mar 04 2009 : 12:04:49 PM
We do try
diarrhio Posted - Mar 04 2009 : 11:25:17 AM
Looks like you are correct. It does behave as you describe. This is sufficient. Looks like VAX outsmarted me again :)
feline Posted - Mar 04 2009 : 09:51:55 AM
Are you doing this in an empty file, or does the file already contain some #include statements with slashes in them?

Using VS2005 and VA 1715 if I sit in a cpp file where none of the #include statements contain slashes and type:

#include <boo|>

and accept "boost" then I get:

#include <boost/>

but if I first add the line:

#include <boost\\algorithm\\minmax.hpp>

and re-try this test I end up with:

#include <boost\\>

VA has noticed which type of slash I am using, and is using the same one its self.
diarrhio Posted - Mar 03 2009 : 11:12:44 PM
Sorry. Should have been more clear... actually, I didn't even know about the "Add Include" refactoring command. Cool!

All I am doing is typing something like:

#include <boo

if I select boost from the suggestion list box, it adds a backslash, which makes sense on windows. However, to be cross platform, we need forward slashes.

Thanks,
D
feline Posted - Mar 03 2009 : 09:35:01 AM
What exactly are you doing?

Are you using the VA refactoring command "Add Include"? Or are you doing something else?

VA does not normally automatically add slashes to my #include statements when I am manually typing them, but it will add slashes if I accept a suggested directory name while typing in a #include statement.

We are looking to change Add Include in the next build so that it will use the path delimiter already in use in the current file:

case=23341

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000