Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Per Project Snippets?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
spectecjr Posted - Mar 07 2009 : 4:46:56 PM
Hey guys;

Any chance of getting per-project snippets that would override the base snippets?

I've got some header file macros which automatically set things up for me. It'd be nice to have a way to override these on a per project basis, so that the header could vary based on the project (mainly for PCH inclusion, but I can see it being used for other things).

If you stored them in a file alongside the vcproj file, I can see it being VERY useful.

Thanks!
Si
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
spectecjr Posted - Mar 27 2009 : 9:11:16 PM
Awesome - thanks guys!
accord Posted - Mar 18 2009 : 5:27:33 PM
*ah* Thank you for make it clear

We are considering to implement project specific snippets:

case=1008

For now, you can use different shortcuts for different projects as a workaround to generate your header files.
spectecjr Posted - Mar 18 2009 : 3:01:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by accord

I'm a little confused. Are you asking how to replace your VA snippets? Is so, you can do it by replacing its file. You can read more about this:

http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7024

Later you wrote about header file macros and how to replace those header files. What do you mean by header file macros? C++ defines or something else?

No, specifically, say I have a solution with 5 different projects.

For each of those, I have /!@ defined as something different in the VA Snippets - something like this for a .cpp file:

/**
 * This is my standard header and copyright info
 */
#include "..\\Core\\precomp.h"
#include "$FILE_BASE$.h"

$end$

#endif //$FILE_BASE$__GUARD

... but in another project, it might look like this:

/**
 * This is my specific library header and copyright info.
 */
#include "..\\Lib\\Inc\\precomp.h"
#include "..\\Include\\$FILE_BASE$.h"

$end$

#endif //$FILE_BASE$__GUARD

... so ideally, I want to be able to stick a projectname.snippets file in the folder alongside the vcproj file, and when I'm working with a file in that project, VAX should load the project-specific snippets and use them to override any snippets defined in the default one.
accord Posted - Mar 08 2009 : 4:41:39 PM
I'm a little confused. Are you asking how to replace your VA snippets? Is so, you can do it by replacing its file. You can read more about this:

http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7024

Later you wrote about header file macros and how to replace those header files. What do you mean by header file macros? C++ defines or something else?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000