Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Open File NOT in Solution

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tommy.Blomberg Posted - May 15 2009 : 06:25:12 AM
A nice feature to use when cleaning up old solutions would be to see which files that isn't in the solution.
Could be in the Open File in Solution dialog.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - May 15 2009 : 7:18:23 PM
That makes sense. I am just wondering how best to do this. As soon as you have multiple projects in the same directory tree it gets complex.

Under UNIX I would just use a couple of command line tools to produce two lists of file names and compare them. Fairly quick and easy.
kevinsikes Posted - May 15 2009 : 1:48:12 PM
I believe the request is to locate files that exist in the solution directory and its subdirectories that are not included in the solution itself, ignoring .obj and other temporary or build-related files.
feline Posted - May 15 2009 : 12:41:30 PM
I don't understand. One answer is most files on your entire hard drive, since most of them are not part of the solution.

If you are only talking about header files that are included with a #include statement into one of the files in your solution then try compiling the solution. The compiler has to be able to find ever one of these files, so the files are either part of the solution, or in a well defined directory.

If the files are not in the solution then VA may not know about them, it uses the same information as the compiler / IDE to locate files.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000