Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Display functions in VA Outline

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
gosh Posted - May 17 2009 : 12:09:10 PM
I have very large *.h/*.cpp files with a lot of objects and is using VA Outline to navigate in the file. Is it possible to add another filter for displaying functions or not and maybe have different settings for different type of files? Now I need to scroll upp and down to find what I am looking for and it is sometimes a bit hard to find. If I have found the class then it is easy to move to the function in header.
If I am in the cpp file then the need to jump to function is important, but in the header file then functions is not important.

In the header file there is also a lot more functions (inline's etc), constants, typedef's etc, but in cpp file there are mostly functions.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - May 22 2009 : 2:35:40 PM
You might find this page interesting:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W194
gosh Posted - May 22 2009 : 04:48:35 AM
why haven't I found that function before (Alt-M)? it is super!! Thanks :)
feline Posted - May 18 2009 : 2:32:17 PM
Have you tried using the Alt-M list, list of methods in a file? You can type to filter this list. It will allow you to jump to the class or to a given function in the file very quickly and easily, so long as you know its name.

Once you have made this initial jump VA Outline will refresh to show your position in the current file, assuming you have this feature turned on.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000