Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Resolve All References For File

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
silvermace Posted - Jun 05 2009 : 03:12:52 AM
Eclipse has this ability for JDT (Java)
hitting Ctrl+Shift+O found all the unknown classes in the current file and automatically added the "most likely correct" import statement to the top of the file, extremely handy.

I see that VAX/VS can suggest these for individual occurences, but often when I paste in code or move code from one file to another, I have to go through one by one and fire this command via mouse, and I, along with many others, am more of a "keyboarder"

What's the likely hood of getting this feature in? I'd think it was pretty straight forward seeing the detection/resolution ability is already there for single instances.. just need to automate it a bit..

-Danu
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jun 08 2009 : 11:42:03 AM
Java is going to be a lot easier to refactor, you don't have to worry about people doing "fun" things with #define statements.

I am not sure about having a dialog pop up every time you paste some code into a file. Personally I often copy / paste reference code, and then delete most of it, since I just wanted to check on the parameters, or error / return handling for a given function. So having all of the #include statements added for a piece of code I am about to delete suggested and inserted does not seem all that helpful.
silvermace Posted - Jun 06 2009 : 02:17:53 AM

An interesting variation of this feature was with IntelliJ 7 where pasting in any code brough up a dialog box with a list of dependencies that were going to be added to the import block... mind you IntelliJ is an IDE in a league of its own w.r.t to refactoring...

Thanks again,
-Danu
feline Posted - Jun 05 2009 : 12:05:21 PM
First the easy answer, you can trigger this command via the keyboard, no need to use the mouse. It is listed in the IDE VAssistX menu, and in the Shift + Right click menu, both of which can be accessed via the mouse.

Or you can just bind a keyboard shortcut to the command VAssistX.RefactorAddInclude

The idea of VA adding all of the missing include statements in one go is an interesting one, and I have put in a feature request for this:

case=27923

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000