Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Database of planned bugfixes/features

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
fredizzimo Posted - Jun 11 2009 : 05:12:54 AM
Most of the time I feel that the wrong bugs are fixed, and wrong features are implemented. There are very many for me, quite critical bugs and features, that were promised on these forums ages ago, and still not done anything about. At the same time when I look at the change lists, I see a lot of minor things that doesn't affect my daily work at all. I see a huge potential in Visual Assist, and I'm very happy to use it, but currently I'm feeling that I don't get enough value for the money I pay for to receive updates.

I'm sure many other users feel the same, so therefore I suggest that you put up a database with all approved feature requests and bugfixes. Then let every paying customer, select say the 10 most important things. That way you would have a prioritized list of things to do next.

When a feature is done/a bug is fixed, that the user selected, then he can choose another instead. That way the list would always be up to date.

Of course you might not always be able to do the most high priority thing, due to time constraints or techincal reasons. But in that case a forum post about it would be good. Maybe the users could have another idea that could be used instead.

Another thing is, that currently I have a lot of suggestions, but I don't want to write them down, because I would like to see other things requested earlier by other users first, since they would affect my daily work more. With the prioritiezed list, I could do those requests, since they would probably be quite low priority.

Now I'm marking this feature described in this post as the highest priority!
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jun 11 2009 : 3:27:17 PM
Having some form of "votable" list of bugs / features has come up before. There are two basic problems with this. Firstly the bug / feature list is long! A voting list with that many items is not going to work very well.

The second problem is that the forum is not representative. You get a few vocal users pushing for their favourite feature / bug fix, but sometimes it is something that is not going to help many other users.

Having said this, somehow we need to figure out which bugs are causing the most problems for the most users, and we do try to fix those first.

fredizzimo what sort of problems are you most bothered by?
silvermace Posted - Jun 11 2009 : 06:56:08 AM
My post's point: JIRA is great for this kind of thing, ofcourse there are other similar products, just that I've used JIRA and it works well.

I cant say ive been using VAX long enough to pick a side yet, FWIW me not having VAX is a greater cost than me having a buggy VAX....

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000