Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Write my own parser?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rhinology Posted - Sep 15 2009 : 01:42:14 AM
When you get used to one editor, it's really painful to switch to another editor for different types of files.

I really like VA with C/C++/C#/XML/JavaScript. But I also write a lot of DOS batch files, which I have to use Vim/SciTE.

Is it possible VA can open it's parser interface so we can write our own parser?
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Sep 15 2009 : 5:04:21 PM
It is very unlikely VA will try and do this any time soon. One reason is that our parser has to run at more than one "level", we need a fast parser for code colouring and a more in depth parser for refactoring, so it is not a simple "black box" we could just replace.

Depending on the level of support you want from VA you could try telling VA that .bat files are a supported language and see what sort of support you get from VA suggestions. I have not tested this, so I don't know how well it will work.

This FAQ entry might help if you try this:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W353

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000