Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Suggestions list and members access

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kolobog007 Posted - Oct 02 2009 : 6:27:54 PM
Now after "." or "->" i see suggestions, sorted by alphabet without checking visibility. And i must click "Public Methods" to hide all unusable variants, when class dont have access to private or protected members another class. Can you add check, have this class access to private members another class, and if not - automatically use option "Public methods"?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Oct 13 2009 : 1:11:57 PM
Basically it is always going to be possible to design code that compiles but that confuses our parser, since VA is not a compiler *sigh*
znakeeye Posted - Oct 13 2009 : 03:09:05 AM
Actually, a macro for friend+inheritance+template makes it possible to create singleton-classes quite elegantly.

I know I've seen several proposals on this. Beware! :P
feline Posted - Oct 12 2009 : 3:28:12 PM
There are going to be quite a lot of edge cases where this might run into problems. Friend functions / classes are one of the main reasons I was reluctant about this feature request.

I am just waiting for someone to post saying they use macro's to introduce the friend keyword
znakeeye Posted - Oct 12 2009 : 03:46:59 AM
And please don't forget special cases where this rule does not apply:

Foo::Foo(const Foo &rhs)
{
   m_protectedVar = rhs.m_protectedVar;
}

class Foo
{
   friend class Bar;
};

Bar::Test(const Foo &foo)
{
   cout << rhs.m_protectedVar;
}
feline Posted - Oct 03 2009 : 12:28:01 PM
We are considering doing this, but there are some edge cases that make it tricky:

case=24551

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000