Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Outline, interpret preprocessors

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
high6 Posted - Dec 11 2009 : 12:24:18 AM
VA Outline really needs this option. It is completely useless as most classes are a mess of preprocessors.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Dec 21 2009 : 10:44:45 AM
What do you mean by outline every class? The HCB will outline every class that VA understands / knows about. It only shows one class at a time, but you can simply hover the mouse over a new class to update it.

Evaluating defines is more difficult. Consider a simple example:

class testDefines
{
#ifdef _DEBUG
    void shouldThisBeListed()
#endif
}

this function is available or not available depending on how you are compiling your code. So should VA always show it, never show it, or have it appear and disappear?

Often VA does not have access to the required information to know how to evaluate #ifdef statements, and by design we parse inside them and are active inside of them, to give maximum help while writing code.
high6 Posted - Dec 20 2009 : 5:53:23 PM
That works, would just be nice to have it outline every class and evaluate the defines and such.
feline Posted - Dec 17 2009 : 2:06:25 PM
Do you have a lot of code that looks like this?

I understand the problem now. However VA Outline is behaving as it is designed to behave, it is accurately showing you the outline of the file, and the important structure of the code. This way when you drag and drop things within the outline you will get the expected result.

If you simply want a summary of the class, rather than the file, you can use the bottom half of VA View, the Hovering Class Browser:

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/hcb.asp
high6 Posted - Dec 15 2009 : 8:05:58 PM

Top left is what it shows.

Bottom left is what I would like it to show.
feline Posted - Dec 11 2009 : 10:51:57 AM
Which IDE and programming language are you using?

Can you post some sample code showing the problem please? I am not really sure what you are talking about.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000