Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 #include when dropping .h file

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
znakeeye Posted - Jan 27 2010 : 11:05:38 AM
Dragging a header from the Solution Explorer into the editor is not an allowed operation. It would be nice if dropping "header.h" into "myOpenedFile.cpp" automatically added an include-statement for this header.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
accord Posted - Feb 01 2010 : 2:15:35 PM
We are here to improve developer productivity rather than impress them
We would like to impress them by their improved productivity.

Sure, doing one thing in more ways is a good thing, but we have already enough on our plate implementing "unique" features.
znakeeye Posted - Jan 28 2010 : 04:05:37 AM
Sure it wouldn't be faster than your current function. But... modern software often let you do the same thing using different commands - be it using the mouse or the keyboard.

It's just an improvement, not a replacement. Not to mention that gimmicks such as this tend to impress the user!
accord Posted - Jan 27 2010 : 1:30:47 PM
Are you aware of Add Include refactoring which is in the newer builds?

Finding anything in a comlex solution explorer tree can be slow. I'm wondering if it would be faster then using Add Include refactoring or just typing the header name (and the directory if applies).

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000