Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Merge Create implementation and Create Declaration

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
baxissimo Posted - Feb 05 2010 : 12:57:05 PM
Most of the time (always?) only one or the other of "Create Implementation" or "Create Declaration" applies. If I've got the method in the .cpp selected, it's "Create Declaration", if it's the declaration I've got selected, it's "Create Implementation" I want.

So just make these into a single action that does one or the other depending on what's selected. Really there's a lot of parallel between these and "Open corresponding file". It would be annoying if that were split into two actions requiring you to use one for going to the header and a different one for going to the source.

And while you're at it, please create an icon for the merged action so it'll look nice on my toolbar. :-)
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Feb 08 2010 : 09:55:01 AM
An interesting idea. We get quite a few requests for Create Implementation to work out if the Implementation already exists, so a second one is not created. We are also looking into allowing you to trigger these commands on several functions at once, via VA Outline. So this change might clash with these changes.

Having said that, you should be able to write a very simple IDE macro to trigger both VA commands, one after the other, which you could then put onto your toolbar manually. This FAQ entry should help to explain how to do this:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W382

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000