Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Feature Request: Add support for .pc files

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
paralight Posted - Aug 09 2010 : 03:15:59 AM
Will VAX developer team consider adding support for parsing C source files containing embedded SQL statements(such as .pc files) ?
I've tried to add ".pc" as a C/C++ file extension in Visual Studio but that doesn't work. It seems that both VS and VAX treat .pc files as plain text file.
I don't know how much work is needed to parse embedded SQL statements in C source files. But they realy looks like macros ...

Regards
Rayn
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Aug 13 2010 : 10:48:56 AM
I am glad you have this working now
paralight Posted - Aug 12 2010 : 9:50:37 PM
Seems I'v got the reasons why VA didn't work

I modified the registry settings while IDE is running. But VA restored the registry settings with the old settings on exiting IDE.

I should have noticed "Exit the IDE and ..." in that FAQ thread.

thx for ur patiency
feline Posted - Aug 12 2010 : 12:40:49 PM
It is a small screen shot, but I am not seeing any sign of the VA context and definition fields, so VA is not active in this file. VA is active and working correctly for me in a .pc file under Windows 7.

Can you please export your VA and IDE settings and send them to me:

VA Options -> Performance -> Export Settings
IDE tools menu -> Import and Export Settings -> Export selected environment settings

I can then import them here and see if I can reproduce the problem.
paralight Posted - Aug 11 2010 : 9:05:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by feline

I have the test file, thank you for this:

case=48569

So far I cannot reproduce the problem. Testing VS2008, VA 1738 on winXP SP3 32bit I have followed the FAQ steps, and I am seeing the same suggestions and refactoring behaviour in both the .pc and .cpp file. The files have the same content, but different extensions.

Which OS are you using, and is it a 32bit or 64bit OS?

Are you seeing the VA context and definition fields in the .pc file?
Are VA refactoring commands being offered in the .pc file?

I'm using Win7 Ult. x86. Here is a screen shot
feline Posted - Aug 11 2010 : 11:34:17 AM
I have the test file, thank you for this:

case=48569

So far I cannot reproduce the problem. Testing VS2008, VA 1738 on winXP SP3 32bit I have followed the FAQ steps, and I am seeing the same suggestions and refactoring behaviour in both the .pc and .cpp file. The files have the same content, but different extensions.

Which OS are you using, and is it a 32bit or 64bit OS?

Are you seeing the VA context and definition fields in the .pc file?
Are VA refactoring commands being offered in the .pc file?
paralight Posted - Aug 11 2010 : 05:34:41 AM
It's not easy to pick the single .pc file out of the project I have. So I faked one and submitted it via the given link.

I have the fake .pc file tested and the problem is there.
feline Posted - Aug 10 2010 : 10:55:54 AM
Strange, I don't expect the file extension to have this much effect. Can you please send me a sample .pc file that shows these problems, along with some details of the problems you are seeing, so I know what to test? I can then try it here.

Please submit the files via the form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.
paralight Posted - Aug 09 2010 : 10:28:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by feline

Have you followed all of the steps given in this FAQ for using a new extension as a C/C++ file:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W328

Does VA show its Context and Definition fields in these .pc files?

Thanks for ur reply.
I just tried the method given in that post. VA colors the code correctly, almost. But the Refactor and Auto-Complete completely doesn't work, not just for the symbols declared or referred by embedded SQL statements.

The .pc files I'v got contain very few embedded SQL statements which, I think, VA can treat as bad C/C++ statements with gramma errors. Indeed if I modify the extension from .pc to .cpp, VA does its job very well.

I'm using VA 10.5.1738.0 and VS 2008 pro with sp1.
regards
feline Posted - Aug 09 2010 : 11:34:23 AM
Have you followed all of the steps given in this FAQ for using a new extension as a C/C++ file:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W328

Does VA show its Context and Definition fields in these .pc files?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000