Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Feature request: Environment variables update

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kennyl Posted - Aug 12 2010 : 12:58:46 AM
In snippet editor, the %EnvVar% works, but it seems that VA loads the variables list when Visual Studio starts up, if you change the value of the env variable, VA will still use the old one.

I guess maybe you can provide a way to update/retrieve/refresh the environment variables?

Regards,
Kenny
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kennyl Posted - Aug 13 2010 : 01:10:04 AM
quote:
Originally posted by gmit

That's how Windows handle environment variables. They aren't global, but derived from either system/user defaults and/or parent process. Once the new process is created, variables are copied and they lose any connection with their ancestors.

I guess I understand now, thank you!
gmit Posted - Aug 12 2010 : 3:46:20 PM
That's how Windows handle environment variables. They aren't global, but derived from either system/user defaults and/or parent process. Once the new process is created, variables are copied and they lose any connection with their ancestors.
accord Posted - Aug 12 2010 : 3:31:50 PM
What Visual Studio and Visual Assist version are you using?
Why do you need this? Can you please give me an example where it would be useful for you?
How do you change the environment variable?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000