Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Comment specified items in snippets

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kennyl Posted - Aug 12 2010 : 01:15:08 AM
I wonder if there is a way to comment some "items" (e.g. $selected$, $clipboard$, etc.) in snippets.

For example, I need to create such snippet that dose the following things:
1. It enclose the selected text with some text
2. It comment out the selected text by prepending // at the beginning of each lines

So it would be nice if VA provide the special tag like $selected_commentout$, $clipboard_commentout$, etc.

Regards,
Kenny
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
accord Posted - Aug 16 2010 : 04:06:21 AM
Are you aware that "surround with" snippets are only accessible through the context menu? (unless you overwrite the snippet for shift+#) So commenting out the block then writing a comment using the //- may me easier. Also, you would need to change the snippet frequently to keep your message actual.

What do you think?
kennyl Posted - Aug 13 2010 : 01:01:05 AM
quote:
Originally posted by accord

What about to use /*$selected$*/ and /*$clipboard$*/ ?

Also, you can use our "Surround with" snippets available from the context menu. There is a snippet which can comment out your selection putting // before each line.

Hope this helps.

1. /*$selected$*/ won't work when there is already /**/ inside the selection.
2. There is a tricky way though:
#ifdef 0
$selected$
#endif

But I want the selected "looks like commented out", so this is not the best solution.

2. I know "surround with" and pressing / can comment out selected lines, but what I want is to create my own snippet which will not only comment out them but also prepend & append some text surround them.

For example, I want to comment out the selected text, then I need to put some comment the beginning, like "01/01/2010 Moved to abc.cpp by Kenny".

So the snippet is supposed to be:

// $MONTH_02$/$DAY_02$/$YEAR$ Moved to abc.cpp by Kenny
$selected_commentout$
feline Posted - Aug 12 2010 : 12:38:33 PM
To comment out lines by putting // at the start, just select the lines and press /

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/surround.asp
accord Posted - Aug 12 2010 : 03:47:45 AM
What about to use /*$selected$*/ and /*$clipboard$*/ ?

Also, you can use our "Surround with" snippets available from the context menu. There is a snippet which can comment out your selection putting // before each line.

Hope this helps.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000