Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Feature Request: Code Outline View

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mapage Posted - Aug 16 2010 : 8:17:43 PM
I would like to be able to 'automatically' sort the functions and methods in the outline view. It's a hundred times better to be able to drag and drop function names to reorder them, but it would make life a little easier (for me) if I were able to sort the list of functions alphabetically.

Thanks.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mapage Posted - Aug 18 2010 : 1:55:47 PM
Exactly my thought as well... That's why I modified the idea from sorting the entire outline alphabetically to sorting the selected methods alphabetically. That way, I can organize the support functions alphabetically underneath the main function.

Thank you!
accord Posted - Aug 18 2010 : 04:02:05 AM
Interesting idea:

case=20370

I prefer keeping the connected symbols together (i.e. one function calls an another) but others may like to use another method to decide the order, like you.
mapage Posted - Aug 17 2010 : 2:50:19 PM
The latter... I would like to change the source file so all of the methods are sorted into alphabetical order.

Actually... What might be even nicer is if I were able to select multiple entries in the outline and have the option of sorting the selected items into alphabetical order.

feline Posted - Aug 17 2010 : 11:47:07 AM
I am not sure what you are asking for here. Do you want to sort the display in VA Outline, so it is in alphabetical order, while leaving the file alone. Or do you want VA to sort the file content, so it is in alphabetical order?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000