Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Feature request: multi-line editing

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
zeroes00 Posted - Sep 05 2010 : 2:13:49 PM
Visual Studio 2010 has a nice feature where you can Alt + click-drag a selection along multiple lines and then write to all these lines at once. The writing replaces the selection, but the selection can be also zero characters wide, in which case nothing is replaced. Could you support this feature?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Sep 10 2010 : 12:10:42 PM
Unfortunately this is not something we are going to try and back-port to the earlier IDE's. This is an IDE feature, and it is somewhat outside of VA's area.
zeroes00 Posted - Sep 07 2010 : 10:00:58 PM
That's correct. I'm using Visual Studio 2008 which doesn't have this functionality.
kevinsikes Posted - Sep 07 2010 : 3:20:43 PM
He is asking for the feature to be backported to older IDEs.
feline Posted - Sep 06 2010 : 09:42:04 AM
I don't understand what you are asking for. VS2010 with VA 1830, I have just used this Alt + mouse select to do a 3 line tall selection, zero characters wide, so nothing is selected. When I then start typing the new letters are entered into all of the lines, as expected.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000