Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Refactor -> Find references

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alexis Pautrot Posted - Sep 17 2010 : 08:35:45 AM
Finding references of constructors or destructors does not work and leads to finding usage of the class itself. It would be really nice to be able to find ctor/dtor references as for any other methods.

Thank you.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alexis Pautrot Posted - Sep 20 2010 : 04:25:16 AM
Thank for your reply,

Yes indeed, finding dynamic allocations is well done with the pattern you propose new <classname>. And finding every call occurrences is a big challenge when only relying on source code.

Let's forget about it :)
accord Posted - Sep 18 2010 : 06:46:54 AM
It is a great idea, but in C++ it isn't very obvious what you call a constructor/destructor call.
Finding new <classname> and delete <objecttype> would work, but if you create something via macro or function call or via template constructs (i.e. in a template class), the detection of constructor calling is much more tricky. Furthermore, objects can be destructed when there is no more reference to it (or by garbage collector in C#)

So in my opinion, if we implemented such a feature it would be patchy at best.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000