Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 XML Doc comment enhancements

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jwilman Posted - Dec 02 2010 : 07:43:31 AM
I am using VS 2010. When working in C# or C++ VA pops up a useful list of surrounding symbols when I press Ctrl+Space inside a // or /* */ style comment block.

Is it possible to extend this to do the same inside /// style XML Doc blocks?

Another useful addition would be to have better intellisense for XML Doc tags. I think it's a VS feature that shows a list of possible XML Doc tags from Ctrl+Space but it's a bit limited.

For example I can select the <list> tag from the intellisense list it writes the following for me:

<list type=""

The caret is positioned between the " characters. There is no helpful list of possible attribute values available for the type attribute so of we go to the help system to find out .... 5 minutes later ... carry on with a task that should have taken 30 seconds.

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Mar 17 2011 : 11:57:01 PM
case=48252 is fixed in build 1845
feline Posted - Dec 03 2010 : 5:09:13 PM
Unfortunately the listboxes not appearing on CTRL-SPACE in XML comments is a known problem:

case=48252

For help constructing the XML comments, you can use VA Snippets inside comments. VA Snippet shortcuts starting with "/" or "@" are active inside comment blocks.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000