Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 De-crapper for annotations?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dddebug Posted - Dec 12 2010 : 11:58:43 AM
Apologies if this been already discussed.

Would it be great to be able to hide the MS annotations (SAL and whatever) in C headers? They have awful lot of these annotations so that the headers are hardly human readable anymore!

Make it as simple as: hide/collapse all annotations that begin with __ or _.
Possibly with a user defined whitelist for few simple things (__in, __out, etc.).

Also, in the hide mode it should be possible to copy portion of text as displayed, without the annotation crap.

Thanks for reading,

ddebug
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dddebug Posted - Dec 14 2010 : 11:07:25 AM
thanks, will try.

d.
feline Posted - Dec 13 2010 : 7:20:39 PM
If you are talking about actually changing how the header files are shown in the editor, then unfortunately the answer is no. VA works "behind" the IDE, without its knowledge, so trying to change the text visible on the screen like this is going to cause quite a few problems.

But you could try changing the VA colour for "Preprocessor macros" in

VA Options -> Advanced -> Fonts and Colors

to a fairly "bland" colour, one that does not stand out to much. This should cause these to become a lot less obvious, making it easier to read the remaining code.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000