Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Smart highlighting

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
stormtroopa Posted - Feb 11 2011 : 05:49:23 AM
I would like to have every word highlighted which is similar to the selected one. (In other editors it is called "Smart highlighting".)
There is already a feature called "Highlight find results" which perhaps can be extended to behave in the suggested way...
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
stormtroopa Posted - Feb 16 2011 : 02:51:34 AM
Yes, that was exactly what I'm looking for. It was even active, but the selected color was too pale to see anything. Thx!
feline Posted - Feb 14 2011 : 11:31:31 AM
Have you tried turning on:

VA Options -> Advanced -> Refactoring -> Automatically highlight references to symbol under cursor

This highlights all instances of the symbol under the caret. This feature uses VA's parser to understand scope, so it should not highlight the local variable "cat" in two different functions, since they are two separate variables.

Alternatively:

VA Options -> Advanced -> Display -> Highlight find results

highlights all references that the IDE find results find, so it will highlight all instances of "cat" in the current file, regardless of scope.
stormtroopa Posted - Feb 14 2011 : 04:51:57 AM
With similar I mean identically ;)
If "cat" is selected all other occurrences of "cat" should be highlighted.
In C++ - Eclipse this feature is called "Mark occurrences of selected element in current file".

I find this feature extremely useful!
feline Posted - Feb 11 2011 : 12:03:41 PM
What do you mean by "similar"? If the word is not the same, then it is a different symbol, and may have nothing to do with the current symbol.

This makes sense in a word processor, where you may want "cat" and "cats" highlighted, but I am not sure why you would want this in your source code.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000