Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Cloned search result window is docked

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jschroedl Posted - Jan 26 2011 : 1:53:05 PM
With build 1840, if I clone the VA Find References results, the cloned results are docked. Before 1840 they were in a floating window.

I much prefer the floating window but don't see a setting to put the behavior back to what it was. How can I get the old behavior back?

John
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jschroedl Posted - Jan 27 2011 : 09:55:43 AM
Thanks Sean, that gets me back to the way I like it for now.

John
sean Posted - Jan 26 2011 : 4:19:31 PM
Unfortunately this is not configurable at runtime, but you can change the configuration.

If you are using VS2010, you can edit this file:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\\Microsoft\\VisualStudio\\10.0\\Extensions\\Whole Tomato Software\\Visual Assist X\\10.6.1840.0\\VAX.pkgdef

At line 63, change "Tabbed" to "Float"

If you are using VS2005 or VS2008, you can edit this location in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\VisualStudio\\9.0\\ToolWindows\\{904F4835-1D5B-4C6B-97C8-C13447A514CC}

(use 8.0 instead of 9.0 for VS2005.)

Change the Style value from Tabbed to Float.
For VS2005/2008, you also need to run "devenv /setup" (as administrator) after making the change.

Make sure to exit all instances of Visual Studio before making either of these changes. Also, the change will need to be re-applied after update of VA.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000