Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 OpenCorrespondingFile should optionally cycle

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tom_seddon Posted - Aug 05 2009 : 07:31:50 AM
At the moment, if you have several related files, pressing Alt+O presents a menu. This is much better than the old behaviour (where it would pick a random file) but it can inhibit rapid cycling.

It would be better if Alt+O could optionally treat the set as a list and just went through it in some arbitrary order. (You can infer the current position in the candidate list, of course, so no persistent state required. Some Alt+Tab-style LRU ordering would be neat but perhaps overkill.)

The key point is that one should be able to keep dumbly pressing Alt+O until the right file appears, no hand movement necessary. Though this may not be to all tastes, hence the suggestion that it be optional.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tom_seddon Posted - Aug 19 2009 : 12:44:06 PM
Of course, yes... I use Alt+Tab every day so I should have worked that out :)

This behaviour sounds like it should be easy to use, and I'm looking forward to it!
accord Posted - Aug 17 2009 : 5:26:51 PM
Good catch. According to my comment, which had been added to the case, enter will not be required: just press and hold alt, then press o (listbox appears here), o again, then release alt (selection accepted) - like with alt+tab.
tom_seddon Posted - Aug 17 2009 : 10:48:06 AM
How do you choose which one you want? It would be better just to cycle each time you press Alt+O. Then you can just keep pressing until you get the one you want. The important thing is that one need not move one's hands away from the Alt and O keys.
accord Posted - Aug 05 2009 : 1:46:09 PM
We are considering something like this:

case=18061

This case is about a solution like alt+tab: you pressed alt+o, a list came up: press o again to iterate trough the list, like with alt+tab.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000