Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Serial numbers and registration

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jeff Posted - Feb 27 2019 : 10:50:56 PM
If you are reading this post, chances are good you are waiting for a serial number, or you don't know what to do with one.

Serial numbers are sent after review of each purchase by our licensing team, which occurs Mon-Fri, CT (UTC-5), during normal business hours.

Instructions for registering Visual Assist with a serial number, including the requirement for build 2318 or newer, are available at:
https://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W841
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
e1e0n Posted - Feb 02 2023 : 09:17:55 AM
Yes it basically just expired. I have two laptops and desktop. I upgraded one laptop and desktop. So I think I registered VA 5-6 times? If I knew it has limit (or such a low limit) I would be more careful. But it does not indicate how many times I installed it. I would have renewed but I was thinking I am ok for one more year using last VA. Now I am not sure if I will go back.
I also installed several dev env in VMs for testing and debugging (I would not registered VA there if I knew about the limit, this is what I think is not fair).

quote:
Originally posted by feline

I assume your current license has expired? Have you moved systems a lot? This isn't something most people run into, so I am wondering if you have any sense of how many times you have changed systems.

feline Posted - Feb 02 2023 : 07:12:10 AM
I assume your current license has expired? Have you moved systems a lot? This isn't something most people run into, so I am wondering if you have any sense of how many times you have changed systems.
e1e0n Posted - Feb 01 2023 : 6:51:46 PM
Yes this was the first thing I did. No help from them.

I trusted the statement that I can use VA for as long as it suites me (the latest version included in my subscription), that's not true

quote:

Can you please try emailing our license department at [email protected], hopefully they can help you with this.

In general, various products I have used do require activation, and different products have different activation policies. It's not ideal, especially if you change your system a lot, but its not that rare either, for what that's worth.

feline Posted - Feb 01 2023 : 07:11:04 AM
Can you please try emailing our license department at [email protected], hopefully they can help you with this.

In general, various products I have used do require activation, and different products have different activation policies. It's not ideal, especially if you change your system a lot, but its not that rare either, for what that's worth.
e1e0n Posted - Jan 30 2023 : 10:15:32 AM
Why a legal user can't use this product after a few activations?
I was basically told I had to buy a new license because I exceeded number of registrations and
I was never made aware of that limit or number of registrations allowed.
If you have limit you should provide a way to transfer the license from one installation to another.
Due the nature of my usage I had to reinstall my system several times and each time I had to activate VA.
I own a several different products and never had any problem with activation.

Very disappointed!
feline Posted - Dec 02 2022 : 07:55:28 AM
Hopefully this gets resolved fairly quickly. Licensing isn't always a simple problem to solve, especially when you can install the software on more than one system.
foxmuldr Posted - Dec 01 2022 : 4:06:08 PM
quote:

Have you reset your password successfully now? This page should help explain checking the license portal for your license details:

https://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W851

You can also contact our license department for specific questions at [email protected]

I don't know. I sent the password request in through the interface with the registered email, but it's someone from our IT department that purchased this version for me and that email will go to them. I contacted them but have not heard back. So I don't know if it's an issue not sending out the link, or what.

This new license system is a hassle FWIW.
feline Posted - Dec 01 2022 : 12:16:52 PM
Have you reset your password successfully now? This page should help explain checking the license portal for your license details:

https://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W851

You can also contact our license department for specific questions at [email protected]
foxmuldr Posted - Dec 01 2022 : 11:00:29 AM
I just tried to reset my password using the Idera interface and the message popped up about Whole Tomato, Inc. being an Idera company. I hadn't seen that before because I don't visit here very often, but now I see now why this new system exists.
foxmuldr Posted - Dec 01 2022 : 10:48:31 AM
quote:

Apologies for the problems, we try to balance a smooth system with a reasonable level of license checking.

You could go back to the old system and simply monitor the number of unique instances of each key being in use with a small "phone home" protocol when the user would log in and the system would normally "check for updates." You can require that the user communicate to verify licensing, and if they're offline, allow a grace period of so many days, then a warning, then disable features.

You could easily monitor if too many IP addresses are using a particular license, and then revoke that license, or send out an email to the license holder asking what's going on, and issue them a new license, and revoke the old one.

Surely there's a better way to handle licensing than this.

Right now, I'm trying to transfer my system over from one laptop to another. I've had difficulties trying to track down the licensing information because I wasn't the one who purchased it, but other people in the company did. I'm now having to come here to get assistance. If it were the old style I would already be up and running.

It's an unnecessarily difficult licensing scheme IMHO.

feline Posted - Sep 27 2022 : 07:59:20 AM
Apologies for the problems, we try to balance a smooth system with a reasonable level of license checking.

So long as you are using another VS instance on the same system you don't have to do anything, the already activated license will simply be picked up and will work in any and all instances of Visual Studio, which should make your life easier.
lex Posted - Sep 26 2022 : 3:47:51 PM
Hello, I just re-bought VA after taking a break for a couple of years. The registration process is a nightmare. Not only do we have to wait until "normal US business hours" until the license key is emailed, we also have to create an online account in order to use it. This is one hell of an archaic system!

I noticed the option "Import license file" in the registration dialog. How do I generate such a license file from my license? That would make my life much easier whenever I need to register a new VS instance.
denim Posted - Feb 03 2022 : 10:15:41 AM
Hello.

I bought Visual Assist - Personal License (PO: 20220203071056) and didn't receive the activation key.
I checked SPAM folder, but i don't find letter with activation key.
feline Posted - Jan 31 2022 : 11:56:27 AM
I have just emailed licenses as well, in the hopes that this will help to move things along for you. Apologies for this, this isn't how things should work.
concernedape Posted - Jan 28 2022 : 11:43:32 AM
Hi,

I have the same issue as Kap98k.

I purchased a personal license for Visual Assist two days ago (PO 20220126142552). The money has successfully been taken out of my account. However I have yet to receive any email, not even a payment confirmation email. Right now, as a customer, I feel like I've just been scammed. I sent an email to [email protected], to no avail. Of course I have checked my spam folders, nothing is there.

This is not a very fun purchase experience.
ChrisG Posted - Jan 13 2022 : 9:48:49 PM
Kap98k,

That's good to hear. Thanks for following up.

As a customer service gesture we have extended your maintenance through 6/23/23.

Again, sorry you had to wait so long.
Kap98k Posted - Jan 13 2022 : 6:13:07 PM
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisG

I'm very sorry that happened, Kap98k.

Could you please check your SPAM folder? I have also contacted sales, so you should see your serial number soon if you don't find it in SPAM.

CrisG, thank you for help! I received the key.
Kap98k Posted - Jan 13 2022 : 2:29:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisG

Could you please check your SPAM folder? I have also contacted sales, so you should see your serial number soon if you don't find it in SPAM.

Yes, of course.
I checked SPAM folder, but i don't find letters with domain *@embarcadero.com or *@wholetomato.com.
ChrisG Posted - Jan 13 2022 : 1:30:52 PM

Kap98k Posted - Jan 13 2022 : 1:14:02 PM
Hello, I have the following problem.
I bought Visual Assist - Personal License (PO: 20211224083727) on 12/24/2021 and didn't receive the activation key.
I understand there were some holidays in between, however, 3 weeks is a bit much!
I sent an email to [email protected] and [email protected], but it's been 2 days and I still have no response.
Does anyone know how to receive the activation key or a refund?
Ummul Khair Posted - Apr 30 2021 : 3:14:08 PM
Hi Daniel,

No, you do not need to purchase a new license. We switched to a new licensing system mid February 2019, and the new serial numbers cannot be used to activate older builds.

Please contact [email protected] to request a legacy key that can be used to activate older builds.

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Kaminski

Hi,
I am trying to register an older version of VA (10.9.2089.0 built 2016.02.01) in VS6.
All this worked great in my old machine, but now I am not able to get VA registered in my new machine.

Do I need to buy a new license? Not really sure what could be the issue. Here are some details from my license purchased Feb 28, 2019.

Order Number: A2F0B000002LHG4EAM/WHOLE TOMATO/201922891712847
Item Number: 201922891712847 (Visual Assist � Personal)
PO# 20190328074555
License Certificate Number: 497325

The error message says 'Invalid Key'

Daniel Kaminski Posted - Apr 30 2021 : 1:21:29 PM
Hi,
I am trying to register an older version of VA (10.9.2089.0 built 2016.02.01) in VS6.
All this worked great in my old machine, but now I am not able to get VA registered in my new machine.

Do I need to buy a new license? Not really sure what could be the issue. Here are some details from my license purchased Feb 28, 2019.

Order Number: A2F0B000002LHG4EAM/WHOLE TOMATO/201922891712847
Item Number: 201922891712847 (Visual Assist � Personal)
PO# 20190328074555
License Certificate Number: 497325

The error message says 'Invalid Key'
CodeName Posted - Apr 17 2021 : 06:55:23 AM
So initially i was infuriated by what i thought was a retarded licensing process but it turns out it was gmail rejecting the mails due to a DMARC policy setting

So i apologise for being rude and hotheaded, problem solved and all is good.

p.s. Check your spamfolders.. the second mail with the actual license ended up there
feline Posted - Apr 15 2021 : 09:34:37 AM
Can you please email [email protected] about this, they will be able to help you with this.
DarthB Posted - Apr 15 2021 : 06:01:23 AM
Hello,

I get problems to re-register a license. I didn't get why I cannot use it anymore in the first place. The purchase was on 9. March.

If I try to register the license, I get an error that says: either the user or the pw is wrong. Although, I did store them in a password database.

I tried to reset the password, but the product portal is not responding.

I never had problems with earlier purchases and hope this problem can be solved before my "trial" expires.

Best regards
Tim Janus
himom Posted - Mar 03 2021 : 12:54:00 AM
Your new registration system is terrible. Just another unhappy customer.
ifisch Posted - Jan 10 2021 : 5:18:12 PM
Is it 1995? Seriously wtf?
sean Posted - Apr 21 2020 : 1:36:06 PM
@CainGodTier Sorry to hear of the trouble. Have you been in contact with the sales dept or the licensing support team ([email protected])? You can send refund requests to [email protected].
CainGodTier Posted - Apr 21 2020 : 12:59:32 PM
How did the email to register for the forums arrive so fast but I've been waiting 3 days for my Product Registration email. Im getting super frustrated dealing with this process.. YES i checked my spam MULTIPLE TIMES! I really want my money back, this process alone has turned me off of the product.. No one should have to pay for something and work so hard to get it like i didnt already pay.. I need help ASAP
sean Posted - Apr 20 2020 : 1:49:37 PM
@SparkyMcSparks Sorry for the trouble. Please send a message to [email protected]. They will be able to get the account squared up.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000