Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Suggestions menu not holding keyboard focus

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SealPoulpe Posted - Mar 13 2020 : 5:16:38 PM
Hello there! I am using Visual Studio 2019 (Version 16.4.5) with Visual Assist build 2353, developing in C++.

Recently I updated to the most recent version and ever since, I have been seeing unusual behavior with the suggestion dropdowns.

Take for example the following example:

If I keyboard down twice to select the third option, the following happens:

Notice that the cursor has moved as if I did not have a context menu up. I've looked for some kind of option that might enable/disable this, but I believe it might just be a bug.

It has been quite disruptive, as performing the above steps (and selecting the option via "enter") with surrounding code can produce a before/after such as this:

->

Disabling VAssistX suggestions removes this problem, as well as disabling VAssistX entirely. I have entirely uninstalled and reinstalled VAssistX with no change to the behaviour.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Mar 17 2020 : 09:25:51 AM
This page explains how to update your IncrediBuild IDE extension, to make sure you are using the current version, which should stop this bug from happening:

https://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W880
SealPoulpe Posted - Mar 16 2020 : 6:57:00 PM
I did indeed have that installed! Thank you for the help.
feline Posted - Mar 14 2020 : 07:44:57 AM
Can you please check and see if you have the Incredibuild IDE extension installed please? If so, can you try disabling it, while also enabling VA, and see if this fixes the problem?

There is a bug in an older version of the Incredibuild extension that can look like this when using VA at the same time. It has been fixed in the current version of the Incredibuild extension.

However, if you are not using Incredibuild, then this might be caused something else.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000