Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Documentation pull-up / pull-down

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uniwares Posted - Jul 24 2020 : 09:15:31 AM
I do really need a feature that allows me to pull documention comments up and down.
When implementing interfaces I want the inferface documentation to be inserted to the implemented methods, when overriding methods from base classes I need it too.
The otherway round its occasionally also useful, one has a overridden method documented but not the base class's.

Thanks for saving my Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Aug 19 2020 : 06:53:54 AM
Thank you for the link, useful to know about for now.
Uniwares Posted - Aug 18 2020 : 10:36:55 AM
for now, this does the trick: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=someguy20336.PullThroughDoc
feline Posted - Jul 25 2020 : 07:56:33 AM
Yes, if you are not changing anything at all, then it seems slightly pointless implementing the virtual function. But also having the base documentation is a sensible first step.

This is why I wondered if you knew about Alt-Shift-G, since this helps you check out the base class documentation.
Uniwares Posted - Jul 24 2020 : 11:24:04 AM
Would surely cover most cases. Actually point is not having access to the existing documentation but documenting new derived classes and methods. Whenever you implement an interface, you may want to document the functions, and having the base documentation from the interface/base class copied is already a good start.
feline Posted - Jul 24 2020 : 11:05:20 AM
We are considering adding the ability to Implement Virtual Methods to copy the comments from the base class and add them, along with the function, to the derived class. Would this cover the bulk of the cases you run into?

case=142205

Are you also aware of Alt-Shift-G for Goto Related, which will list and allow you to jump to the derived or base versions of the virtual function? Not quite the same, but helpful for quickly moving to where the documentation already is.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000