Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Multiple errors detected, while compiling is ok

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
astepanov Posted - Sep 08 2020 : 05:57:12 AM
I have a rather big project in c++. I use cmake to generate VS 2017 sln files. Among many external dependenies, I use Boost libs, in particular, asio. Recently, I started to notice that some of my files in the project are just covered with errors found by VAssist. Compiling finishes successfully though. Following error messages, I found out that VAssist cannot find or parse Boost headers.

https://forums.wholetomato.com/forum/uploaded/astepanov/20209855111_ba.png

In this image it says it cannot find ip in boost::asio namespace. While <boost/asio.hpp> header clearly contains other headers which define ip namespace.

VS project contains path to Boost in Additional Include Headers. I tried creating a small project with similar structure, include boost asio there. But everything is parsed just fine there. I did Clear and Rebuild without luck.

Any help is appreciated.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Sep 08 2020 : 11:06:35 AM
Really not a problem, we try to integrate so smoothly with the IDE that you cannot tell where one stops and the other starts So it is good to know this is working well in this situation.
astepanov Posted - Sep 08 2020 : 07:56:27 AM
That was Intellisense!

Shame on me.

Thanks!
feline Posted - Sep 08 2020 : 06:27:53 AM
Can you please see if you have disabled the IDE's intellisense database? This can be done via the setting:

IDE tools menu -> Options -> Text Editor -> C/C++ -> Advanced -> Disable Database = True

if the IDE intellisense database is active, which is the default situation, then the underlining will be coming from the IDE, not from VA. Another way to check if this underlining is coming from VA is to change the colour set via:

VA Options -> Underlining -> Underline unrecognized symbols using

and see if the colour of the underlining changes to match your new colour.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000