Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Syntax coloring for CallStack / Breakpoints Window

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
darg Posted - Nov 23 2021 : 7:29:44 PM
This is pretty simple; I love syntax coloring, this helps a lot to read code, just as visual assist does in the find results window, the object browser or the navigation bar...

But the syntax coloring is missing in the Call Stack window and the Breakpoints window ("Function" column), where it would be extremely useful. When having a lot of long function names with namespaces and lots of params, this apparently simple feature would be really really appreciated.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
darg Posted - Nov 24 2021 : 2:28:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by feline

That is embarrassingly obvious. I was trying to right click the column headers, to show more columns, which is the normal method Windows uses, and totally missed that big button. A very reasonable idea, I have put in a feature request for this:

case=146459

Yai! Thanks a lot! I'll wait eagerly for this feature (along with the callstack coloring one (case=52400)
feline Posted - Nov 24 2021 : 11:37:28 AM
That is embarrassingly obvious. I was trying to right click the column headers, to show more columns, which is the normal method Windows uses, and totally missed that big button. A very reasonable idea, I have put in a feature request for this:

case=146459
darg Posted - Nov 24 2021 : 11:09:24 AM
quote:
Originally posted by darg

[quote]Originally posted by feline

Which IDE are you using? I am not seeing a function column in the breakpoints window, even in VS2022, and I am not seeing any obvious way of turning one on either.

We are considering applying colouring to the Call Stack window. Which interestingly hardly ever seems to come up, so it is nice to see someone else ask about this.

case=52400

Great! I'm glad to know that the feature is being considered. I must say it's been quite a while since I've been dying to see those windows colored, so this upgrade will be super welcome from my side.

I'm on regular VS2019 (and I'm pretty sure that VS2022 has the same Breakpoint Function feature). Please see attached screen capture to see the "Function" column I'm talking about and how to enable it.

EDIT: drive link as image uploading seems to not be working properly :/
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15s-hyjVjFduEYdASx6aZL7LVkY1bSwhv/view?usp=sharing
feline Posted - Nov 24 2021 : 08:24:17 AM
Which IDE are you using? I am not seeing a function column in the breakpoints window, even in VS2022, and I am not seeing any obvious way of turning one on either.

We are considering applying colouring to the Call Stack window. Which interestingly hardly ever seems to come up, so it is nice to see someone else ask about this.

case=52400

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000