Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Visual Assist Trial Mode popup problem on VS2022

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pbrown Posted - Nov 30 2021 : 7:25:35 PM
I just upgraded today to version 2021.5 due to problems I had with the prior version in Visual Studio 2022. Because my support period had ended for my current license, I am running in 7-day trial mode while I wait for a key from my new license purchase.

While doing this, I discovered a strange and relatively minor issue involving the Trial Mode pop up:

- Open an existing project/solution in a new instance of VS2022 with an unregistered copy of VAX.
- Once VS2022 comes up, immediately press Alt-F7 to open the project properties dialog.
- Once VAX loads, it will automatically pop up the "Trial Mode" dialog prompting me to select "Trial" or enter a key.
- Select Trial to dismiss this dialog.

At this point, the project properties dialog is still open but I can't get the focus back. So I can't edit project properties or even dismiss the dialog completely. I can get focus in my text editor windows and type normally. But since the main VS2022 window is occluded by the properties dialog, that's not very useful.

The only thing I can do at this point is close the entire application, after yes to a dialog that asks me if I really want to terminate the application while a dialog is still open.

If I don't have a dialog open at the time the VAX Trial Mode popup is displayed, I have no problems.

I expect that this problem will go away once I receive and enter my license key, but I figure it was worth reporting in case you wanted to investigate.

Thanks,
Pat
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Dec 02 2021 : 07:03:20 AM
I know the feeling of forgetting seconds later, muscle memory can be a powerful force
pbrown Posted - Dec 01 2021 : 10:53:16 AM
quote:
Originally posted by feline

Thank you, that took a couple of attempts to trigger, the timing is quite tight.

I'm glad that you were able to reproduce. I got my new license key last night, so the issue is now resolved for me.

The issue triggered for me twice in a row yesterday. I figured out the workaround after my first repro, but forgot seconds later and did the same thing again. :-)
feline Posted - Dec 01 2021 : 10:49:33 AM
Thank you, that took a couple of attempts to trigger, the timing is quite tight. For now just don't rush to instantly open the dialog, you should only have to wait a couple of moments for the Trial dialog to appear, until you get your new license.

Good to know though, I have put in a bug report for this:

case=146475

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000