Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Can't register Visual Assist on new pc

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bins Posted - Dec 16 2021 : 06:23:05 AM
I'm trying to register visual assist on my new pc - I've uninstalled it from the old one, but I get a message stating that I've reached the registration limit.

I sent an email to support asking how I go about deactivating any previous installations so I can install on my new pc, but received this, which appears to have completely mis-read my question.

`Hello Rob,

We received your request to increase the registration limit for your serial number [xxxxxxxx]. Unfortunately, there is not an active support and maintenance agreement for this license.

Historically, Support provided limited assistance for activities such as changing registration limits as a courtesy to customers with expired agreements. This service is now limited to customers with active agreements. Please contact [email protected] to discuss your license options.

Please, be advised that we will close this case #00924236.`

Surely I don't have to pay to get support so that I can install an old version on a new pc? That's like making me buy all my records again when I get a new record player

Please help!
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bins Posted - Jan 03 2022 : 11:02:34 AM
aha - that's great thanks for all the help
HPYNY!
ChrisG Posted - Jan 03 2022 : 10:19:27 AM
Hey bins,

Really sorry for the confusion here. I emailed license support and they should contact you soon to get your registration cap increased.
bins Posted - Jan 03 2022 : 10:04:05 AM
just checking in again in case there's an update
feline Posted - Dec 21 2021 : 07:37:12 AM
Asking again, via a different route.
bins Posted - Dec 20 2021 : 7:29:58 PM
Any news?
bins Posted - Dec 16 2021 : 1:55:16 PM
Thanks! It does seem odd. I read the license agreement and it doesn't seem to indicate that there's a limit to transferring a license to another machine
feline Posted - Dec 16 2021 : 1:43:47 PM
I am asking. I don't do license support, so I don't know the system well, but this does sound unhelpful.
bins Posted - Dec 16 2021 : 11:50:29 AM
Just recevied this -

This is Ken from the Embarcadero IDERA Technical Support team. I am contacting you regarding Case # 00924236 - Registration Limit Increase No Maintenance
It is not possible to deactivate the license to use on another machine.
Please contact [email protected] to discuss your license options.

Is this actually right? What if I reinstall windows? do I have to buy a copy of Visual Assist each time?

I'm very disappointed.
bins Posted - Dec 16 2021 : 10:48:17 AM
I do have an account. I can't see anything regarding what's happening with my license though.

I see this under Licensed Products

Visual Assist Standard XXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXX Visual Assist Standard 2020-09-09 2021-09-09 Expired

I was surprised by the message - I didn't ask to increase the number of licenses - just keep using the 3 I already have

feline Posted - Dec 16 2021 : 09:37:47 AM
Do you have a portal account, allowing you to log into:

https://my.embarcadero.com

and see what is happening with your license? The message says you are trying to increase your registration limit, which suggests that the uninstall didn't register the license removal, which is where the problem is coming from.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000