Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Goto related > Derived classes improvements

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tony.riviere Posted - Jun 09 2022 : 06:29:02 AM
This function opens a contextual menu which can be a little messy when the class hierarchy is huge (> 100 derived classes).

First, the mouse wheel doesn't work to scroll in the list. We need to press the top/bottom arrows on the list to navigate which is super slow.

In case where we have several levels of inheritance (child classes, grandchild classes, etc...) I think the most useful information is not easily visible: what are the direct children of the class.

Consider a class hierarchy like this:
- Base
  - A
    - A1
    - A1000
  - B
  - C

Starting from Base class, I want to see all direct children (A, B, C) but the Derived class contextual menu is full of A1..A1000 entries.

As for the feature request: can you add a new entry "Direct Derived Classes" in the Goto Related menu, which list only the direct classes of a given class?
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jun 10 2022 : 12:59:52 PM
The problem is that the Goto Related menu just isn't designed to handle this many entries. We are considering adding a dedicated class hierarchy view which would handle this sort of scale much better:

case=6647

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000