Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Installer not doing anything

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Queequeg Posted - Aug 23 2022 : 07:45:44 AM
I have installed 10.9.2443 as a trial. Now the trial has expired. When I start VS, VA complains, so I click on Revert. I'm asked to download VA_X_Setup2420_0.exe, which is the last version that I have a license for.

Now when I run this installer, Windows 10 asks me whether I want to run this file, which I confirm.

And then nothing happens. No window. No error message. Just nothing.

What now?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Sep 26 2022 : 08:18:31 AM
That is the problem then, VA 2393 was released in October 2020, a long time before VS2022 came out. So it simply does not support VS2022. If you want to use VA in VS2022, which obviously I think is a very good idea you will need a new license to enable you to use the current version of VA. You can purchase this here:

https://www.wholetomato.com/purchase/default.asp
turner Posted - Sep 24 2022 : 04:05:53 AM
quote:
Originally posted by feline

Which versions of Visual Studio do you have installed, or is it only VS2022?

Which version of our installer are you using? Any version released before VS2022 came out won't support VS2022, and since you are seeing the installer crash problem there is a good chance you are using an older version, from before VS2022 was released, and thus before we were able to work out what had to be done to support it.

Hey, Yes I have only VS2022 and the installer is: VA_X_Setup2393_0
feline Posted - Sep 23 2022 : 05:33:42 AM
Which versions of Visual Studio do you have installed, or is it only VS2022?

Which version of our installer are you using? Any version released before VS2022 came out won't support VS2022, and since you are seeing the installer crash problem there is a good chance you are using an older version, from before VS2022 was released, and thus before we were able to work out what had to be done to support it.
turner Posted - Sep 22 2022 : 07:39:41 AM
quote:
Originally posted by feline

I am assuming you have installed a recent version of Visual Studio 2022. If so then you are running into a bug that causes our older exe installers to crash when they try to work out which versions of Visual Studio you have installed.

To work around this can you please right click on the exe installer, select Properties, and go to the Compatibility tab in the properties dialog.� If you enable "Compatibility mode" and set it to run in compatibility mode for Windows 7 the installer will load and run without any problems.

Hey, I have this exact same problem, but after setting the compatibility option I get "This extension is not installable on any currently installed versions of Visual Studio", I have VS2022
feline Posted - Aug 26 2022 : 05:58:59 AM
Thank you for the update, this should always fix the problem, assuming VS2022 is the cause.
Queequeg Posted - Aug 25 2022 : 03:44:59 AM
You assumed correctly. Yes, I installed the trial because it was compatible with VS 2022.

The workaround worked. Thank you!
feline Posted - Aug 23 2022 : 10:53:33 AM
I am assuming you have installed a recent version of Visual Studio 2022. If so then you are running into a bug that causes our older exe installers to crash when they try to work out which versions of Visual Studio you have installed.

To work around this can you please right click on the exe installer, select Properties, and go to the Compatibility tab in the properties dialog.� If you enable "Compatibility mode" and set it to run in compatibility mode for Windows 7 the installer will load and run without any problems.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000