New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kschaab
Tomato Guru

USA
118 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2004 :  1:28:08 PM  Show Profile
VAX installs it resets its key assignments to the default. That's fine by me, I use this feature so that I get the latest key assignments and get to discover new features. The problem is when a have a key assignment say ctrl-shift-g where VAX installs alt-g (which I like a lot) the ctrl-shift-g macro is getting reset (to VS default) as well. Maybe it is your intent to reset all key assignments, but since other key assignments stick around I'm thinking this is an unintended side effect.

Edited by - kschaab on Feb 20 2004 1:29:06 PM

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2004 :  1:49:04 PM  Show Profile
Technically, VSIP integration requires we reset toolbars and key bindings at every install. The choice is not ours.

Despite documentation from MS to the contratry, we found a way to install without resetting. Granted, you don't get updates related to our menu, toolbar and shortcut assignments if you don't reset, but we don't make many such changes. In fact, we bunch them and tell you in our Forums when you should reset toolbars.

As for shortcut assignments such as Alt+G, check out:
http://www.wholetomato.com/x/products/features/shortcut.html?more=yes

Whole Tomato Software, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

kschaab
Tomato Guru

USA
118 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2004 :  9:40:12 PM  Show Profile
Hmmm interestingly enough it seems not to replace my ctrl-e and f7 key mappings even on reset (they are mapped to external tools, maybe that's the difference). Thanks for your reply.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000