New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2003 :  07:48:00 AM  Show Profile
Okay, sorry about 'anathema', but it's early, and my brain isn't in gear yet. What I'm looking for is a user-maintainable list of keywords that I want VAX to stop suggesting to me.

What I mean is, every time I type in "_ASS", VAX - trying to be helpful - gives me a choice between "_ASSERT" and "_ASSERTE". Likewise, when I enter "retu", VAX gives me the choices "return_temporary_buffer", "return", and "RETURN_SMART_STATUS".

Now, I know for a fact I will never, ever, ever use "_ASSERT". I will always use "_ASSERTE". Ditto for "return" (I don't even know what "return_temporary_buffer" and "RETURN_SMART_STATUS" are). It would be great if there was a file somewhere that I could edit to say, "No VAX, never ever suggest these keywords". That would be so cool, because then I could probably type about twice as fast as I do now.

(Of course, if you wanted to get all fancy about it, you could create a UI for this 'anathema' file; but a simple 'Anathema.txt' file that I could edit in Notepad would be good enough for me!)

WannabeeDeveloper
Tomato Guru

Germany
775 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2003 :  09:12:58 AM  Show Profile
Agreed! Where is my vote-button? Ah, there it is :D !

Go to Top of Page

Cezariusz
Tomato Guru

Poland
244 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2004 :  07:13:09 AM  Show Profile
You have my vote, although VA X seems to learn somehow and now it usually doesn't show me that annoying "return_temporary_buffer".

Cezariusz Marek
https://midicat.net/
Go to Top of Page

LarryLeonard
Tomato Guru

USA
1041 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2004 :  11:06:20 AM  Show Profile
Yeah, it learns for a while, until you do something (restart the IDE? Reparse the file? Rebuild the symbols?) and then it's forgotten again...

Edited by - LarryLeonard on Jan 05 2004 09:17:48 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000